Chad A. Throndset Member
Chad is a former prosecutor with almost three decades of representing clients in state and federal court for cases as diverse as routine traffic matters to murder. In addition, he has substantial experience in handling amicable and high conflict divorces cases and disability rights claims. As a former prosecutor, his inside knowledge and past relationships in the legal system make him a valuable ally in criminal defense matters.
Chad has extensive trial experience and has Lead Counsel Verification from the Lead Counsel Review Board in the legal discipline of Criminal Law – State Felony and Misdemeanors. Chad has tried more bench and/or jury trials than he can remember. Both in and out of the courtroom, he has gained a reputation for aggressive and passionate representation, working tirelessly to meet the expectations and needs of every client he works with. As a former prosecutor, his inside knowledge and past relationships in the legal system make him a valuable ally in criminal defense matters.
Through representing individuals in high conflict Divorce and Family law issues, Chad has developed skills in both defending individuals from harassment/restraining orders and Orders for Protection to obtaining the same against individuals. His experience in being able to see both sides of an argument has helped him develop a combination of sensitivity and strength. By working through these challenges with an attorney who combines these attributes and is experienced in handling domestic legal matters, clients can be assured of a fair and valid agreement that will empower them towards a better future.
Chad has been recognized by his peers for his ability and professionalism. He received his B.A. from the St. Cloud State University in 1990, where he earned repeated Dean’s list honors and graduated Magna Cum Laude. He went on to earn his J.D. from William Mitchell Law School in 1994 and while in law school clerked for a firm in St. Paul that specialized in civil practice.
Some of the awards Chad has received include:
- American Institute of Legal Professionals – Lawyer of the Year Award
- National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyer
- National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys Nationally Ranked Top Ten Attorney Award (two-time recipient)
- American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys – 10 Best Client Satisfaction Award (two-time recipient)
- Acquisition International Leading Adviser Awards, Leading Criminal Defense Advisor of the Year – Minnesota
- Lawyers of Distinction – Recognition of Excellence in Criminal Defense Law (three-time recipient)
- City Pages, “The Best of the Twin Cities” for Divorce, Family Law and Criminal Defense Counsel
- Avvo, Clients’ Choice for Criminal Defense and Family Law
As a Minnesota native, Chad A. Throndset is dedicated to building a strong community. He understands that a brighter future is built by offering strong, ethical representation to those in the community, making Minnesota a safer place to live and raise the coming generations.